Abstract-submission instructions and a link to the submission system will be available in early September.
When you present your research at #DiscoverBMB, you get the recognition you've earned and the constructive feedback you need to make your work even better. Submit an abstract for the opportunity to:
- Present your work — Get noticed when you share your findings at this highly regarded research forum. Practice communicating your science to audiences of varying interests and specialties.
- Circulate your findings — Contribute to the community’s collective body of knowledge by sharing your successes and challenges.
- Gain a competitive advantage — Get a step ahead of other job seekers by presenting your findings in front of experts and employers whose work you know and admire.
- Find new collaborators — Forge partnerships with other scientists with shared interests.
Abstracts presented at #DiscoverBMB will be published in a supplement to the Journal of Biological Chemistry, one of ASBMB's gold open-access publications.
ASBMB members pay reduced abstract submission fees! Join the society or renew your membership to secure the reduced rate.
Fast-track your abstract: Submit your abstract by Oct. 15 and you will be notified of a decision within two weeks. International researchers are encouraged to participate so that they can get an early start on the visa process. Early decision notification will include acceptance/rejection but will not include presentation format; decisions on oral or poster presentation will be sent in January.
- Spotlight talks are 12 minutes long with an addition three minutes for Q&As.
- Flash talks are five minutes long with no Q&As.
- Poster presentations are conducted during the poster receptions in the exhibit hall, and presenters actively address attendee questions.
Late-breaking abstracts will be considered for poster presentations.
|Sept. 8||Abstract and travel award submissions open|
|Oct. 15||Early-decision abstract submission deadline|
|Nov. 1||Early-decision abstract notifications sent to authors (includes acceptant/rejection but not presentation format)|
|Nov. 30||On-time abstract and travel award application submission deadline|
|Dec. 4||Late-breaking abstract submissions open (poster presentation only)|
|Jan. 4, 2023||Late-breaking abstract submission deadline (poster presentation only)|
|Mid-January 2023||Travel award notifications sent to applicants|
|Mid-January 2023||Abstract programming notifications to authors of on-time abstracts and early-decision abstracts (includes presentation format, i.e. oral or poster)|
|Early February 2023||Abstract programming notification to authors of late-breaking abstracts|