When you present your research at #DiscoverBMB, you get the recognition and constructive feedback that you need to make your work even better.
Submit your abstract
On-time abstract deadline: Nov. 30, 11:59 p.m. Eastern
Before you submit an abstract, be sure to carefully read the:
- Abstract submission instructions
- Scientific integrity policy
- Abstract revision and withdrawal policy
Attention, high school SMART Teams — Do not use this submission form. The SMART Teams abstract submission form will be available in early December. For further information on program rules, please contact your SMART Teams coordinator at 3D Molecular Designs.
Abstract submission provides the opportunity to:
- Present your work — Get noticed when you share your findings at this highly regarded research forum. Practice communicating your science to audiences of varying interests and specialties.
- Circulate your findings — Contribute to the community’s collective body of knowledge by sharing your successes and challenges.
- Gain a competitive advantage — Get a step ahead of other job seekers by presenting your findings in front of experts and employers whose work you know and admire.
- Find new collaborators — Forge partnerships with other scientists with shared interests.
Abstracts presented at #DiscoverBMB 2024 will be published in a virtual supplement to the Journal of Biological Chemistry, one of the ASBMB's gold open-access publications.
Abstract submission fees
ASBMB members: $50
ASBMB members pay reduced abstract submission and registration fees. Join or renew now to secure the reduced member rates.
Abstracts submitted by the Nov. 30 deadline will be reviewed by the #DiscoverBMB program planning committee and the ASBMB Meetings Committee for scheduling as talks or posters.
- Short talks with Q&As. Preference will be given to abstracts submitted by ASBMB members. Selected abstracts will be presented on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of the meeting based on assignments in relevant symposia. Assignments are final and cannot be changed.
- Poster presentations are conducted during the poster receptions in the exhibit hall, and presenters actively address attendee questions. Posters will be scheduled for presentation on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of the meeting. Assignments are final and cannot be changed.
Late-breaking abstracts will be considered for poster presentations. Posters will be scheduled for presentation on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of the meeting. Assignments are final and cannot be changed.
Sign up for email updates to get the latest news on #DiscoverBMB programming, deadlines and more!
|Sept. 14||Abstract submission opens|
|Oct. 12||Early-decision abstract deadline|
|Nov. 30||On-time abstract deadline|
|Dec. 14||Late-breaking abstract submission opens|
|Jan. 17||Abstract selection notifications sent to authors of on-time abstracts|
|Jan. 18||Late-breaking abstract deadline|
|Jan. 24||Programming notifications, including presentation format instructions (oral/poster), sent to authors of on-time abstracts|
|Jan. 29||Abstract selection notifications and format instructions (poster) sent to authors of late-breaking abstracts|
|Feb. 6||Poster presentation scheduling assignments sent to all authors of on-time and late-breaking abstracts|