The ASBMB offers awards to assist first authors presenting research at #DiscoverBMB.
- Dependent-Care Grant
- Early-Career Faculty Award
- Graduate Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
- Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Award
- Student Chapters Award
- Undergraduate Faculty Award
Applying for a travel award
The travel award application is included in the abstract-submission system. Once you submit an abstract, you will see the options to apply for a travel award, based on eligibility. Submission of an abstract as primary author (first author) is a requirement for applying for a travel award. Both abstract and travel award applications must be submitted by the Nov. 30, 2022, deadline to be considered. Incomplete submissions/applications will not be considered.
Requirements to apply
- ASBMB membership: Applicants must be active members in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with dues paid at least five business days prior to submitting an application. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2023.
- An abstract submission, as primary author (first author), by the abstract deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
General application criteria
- Award application deadline: 5 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30 (award application deadline will not be extended).
- One application permitted per applicant. Only primary author (first author) of abstract can apply.
- The submitter and the applicant must be the same individual. Advisers should not submit on behalf of a student/trainee.
- Individuals who received a travel award to attend the 2022 ASBMB Annual Meeting, held in conjunction with Experimental Biology, are ineligible to apply for a travel award to attend #DiscoverBMB 2023.
- All application requirements, criteria, award reporting and/or required event participation are the applicant's responsibility. Failure to fulfill all requirements of the award is grounds for award forfeiture.
- The ASBMB does not provide evaluation feedback of individual applications.
- All award decisions are final.
|Sept. 27||Abstract and travel award submissions open|
|Oct. 15||Early-decision abstract submission deadline|
|Nov. 1||Early-decision abstract notifications sent to authors (includes acceptant/rejection but not presentation format)|
|Nov. 30||On-time abstract and travel award application submission deadline|
|Dec. 5||Late-breaking abstract submissions open (poster presentation only)|
|Jan. 4||Late-breaking abstract submission deadline (poster presentation only)|
|Mid-January||Travel award notifications sent to applicants|
|Mid-January||Abstract programming notifications to authors of on-time abstracts and early-decision abstracts (includes presentation format, i.e. oral or poster)|
|Early February||Abstract programming notification to authors of late-breaking abstracts|