The ASBMB offers awards to assist primary authors (first authors) presenting research at #DiscoverBMB.
- Dependent-Care Grant
- Early-Career Faculty Award
- Graduate Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
- Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Award
- Student Chapters Award
- Undergraduate Faculty Award
Applying for a travel award
The travel award application is included in the abstract submission system. When you submit an abstract as the primary author (first author), the travel award application submission option will appear based on the primary author’s (first author) eligibility. Submission of abstract as primary author (first author) is required for application for travel award. Both abstract and travel award application must be submitted by the Nov. 30 deadline in order to be considered. Incomplete submissions/applications will not be considered.
Requirements to apply
- ASBMB membership: Applicants must be active members in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with dues paid at least two business days prior to submitting an application. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2024.
- An abstract submission, as primary author (first author), by the abstract deadline of 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
General application criteria
- Award application deadline: 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30 (award application deadline will not be extended).
- Only primary author (first author) of abstract can apply. Only the primary author (first author) of an abstract may apply. One award application is permitted per individual.
- The submitter and the applicant must be the same individual. Advisers should not submit on behalf of a student/trainee.
- All application requirements, criteria, award reporting and/or required event participation are the applicant's responsibility. Failure to fulfill all requirements of the award is grounds for award forfeiture.
- The ASBMB does not provide evaluation feedback of individual applications.
- All award decisions are final.
|Sept. 14||Abstract submission opens|
|Oct. 12||Early-decision abstract deadline|
|Nov. 30||On-time abstract deadline|
|Dec. 14||Late-breaking abstract submission opens|
|Jan. 17||Abstract selection notifications sent to authors of on-time abstracts|
|Jan. 18||Late-breaking abstract deadline|
|Jan. 24||Programming notifications, including presentation format instructions (oral/poster), sent to authors of on-time abstracts|
|Jan. 29||Abstract selection notifications and format instructions (poster) sent to authors of late-breaking abstracts|
|Feb. 6||Poster presentation scheduling assignments sent to all authors of on-time and late-breaking abstracts|