Early-Career Faculty Award
Early-Career Faculty Travel Award
The Early-Career Faculty Travel Award will be awarded competitively to assist early-career faculty members presenting research at #DiscoverBMB.
Award recipients will be reimbursed for qualifying travel expenses up to $500. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- ASBMB early-career or regular membership. Applicants must be active members in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with dues paid at least two business days prior to submitting an application. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2024.
- Applicants must be pre-tenure in a tenure-track assistant professor position.
- An abstract submission, as primary author (first author), by the abstract deadline of 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
- Applicant must be the primary author (first author) of the abstract associated with the award application and unique from any abstract(s) submitted by students.
Award recipients are required to participate fully in the following activities. Failure to participate in the activities listed below will result in forfeiture of the travel award.
- Presentation of submitted abstract during #DiscoverBMB 2024. Abstract-programming notifications will be sent prior to the early-registration deadline stating the date, time and format of scheduled presentation.
- Completion of post-conference survey.
Information required for submission of application
- Successfully submitted abstract as primary author (first author).
- Research summary — Project summary that focuses on the research goals of your laboratory. (1,000 characters max, not including spaces).
- Meeting attendance objectives — Statement explaining your objectives for attending the meeting and describing your plans for achieving these objectives once you return to your institution. (2,000 characters max, not including spaces).
- Résumé or abbreviated curriculum vitae (no more than three pages) in PDF format.
- Name supporting document files according to this format: last name_document type, e.g. Armstrong_CV.pdf.