Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Award
Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Travel Award
The Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Travel Award will be awarded competitively to assist members presenting research at #DiscoverBMB.
Award recipients will be reimbursed for qualifying travel expenses up to $1,000. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
Award requirements and eligibility
- ASBMB membership: Applicants must be active members in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with dues paid at least two business days prior to submitting an application. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2024.
- An abstract submission, as primary author (first author), by the abstract deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
- No more than two awards will be given to a single lab.
Award recipients are required to participate fully in the following activities. Failure to participate in the activities listed below will result in forfeiture of the travel award.
- Presentation of submitted abstract during #DiscoverBMB 2024. Abstract-programming notifications will be sent prior to the early-registration deadline stating the date, time and format of scheduled presentation.
- Participation in a travel awardee networking event. Time and date will be included in award notifications.
- Completion of post-conference survey.
Information required for submission of application
- Successfully submitted abstract as primary author (first author).
- Statement — 500 words describing your career goals and why attending #DiscoverBMB 2024 will be beneficial to you.
- Letter of recommendation from your current adviser — letter must be submitted with other documents at the time of application (see "Note for adviser" below).
- Name supporting document files according to this format: last name_document type, e.g. Armstrong_AdvisorLtr.pdf.
Note for adviser
Applicant — Share the following with your current research adviser well in advance of submitting an application:
A letter of recommendation is required from each applicant's current research adviser and must be uploaded at the time of application submission. Address the letter of support to "The ASBMB Award Review Committee." The letter must be on institution letterhead and include the adviser's signature.
The letter of recommendation should address each of the following:
- How meeting attendance will benefit applicant's professional development
- Applicant's need for financial assistance to attend meeting.
- Scientific merit of applicant's work.