Student Chapters Award
Student Chapter Award
This award provides up to $500 to support a designated chapter member to present their research at #DiscoverBMB.
- This award is designated at the discretion of the chapter faculty adviser.
- Each chapter with five or more members may designate one awardee. Chapters with 20 or more members may designate two award recipients.
An undergraduate student, designated by the student chapter's faculty adviser as the chapter's travel award recipient, must complete an online application by 5 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
- ASBMB membership: Applicants must be active members in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with dues paid at least five business days prior to submitting an application. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2023.
- An abstract submission, as first author, by the abstract deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
- Upload a certification form signed by your chapter adviser that confirms you are the chapter’s designee.
- Failure to attend the meeting and participate in the required events, as detailed below, will disqualify a student from receiving the award.
- Attend the #DiscoverBMB orientation for undergraduates.
- Participate in the #DiscoverBMB Undergraduate Poster Competition on Saturday, March 24 (separate registration required).
- Present during the #DiscoverBMB general poster sessions, March 25–28.
- Complete the #DiscoverBMB Student Chapters survey.
If you have not been designated by your chapter's faculty adviser as the recipient, do not apply for this award.