Undergraduate Faculty Award
Undergraduate Faculty Travel Award
The Undergraduate Faculty Travel Award will be awarded competitively to assist undergraduate faculty members presenting research at #DiscoverBMB.
Awarded applicants will be reimbursed for qualifying travel expenses up to $500. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- ASBMB membership: Applicants must be active members in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with dues paid at least two business days prior to submitting an application. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2024.
- An abstract submission, as primary author (first author), by the abstract deadline of 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 30.
- Applicants (assistant/associate/full professor or adjunct faculty) must be the primary author (first author) of the abstract associated with the travel award application and unique from any abstract(s) submitted by students.
- No more than two awards will be given to a single lab.
Participation requirementsAward recipients are required to participate fully in the following activities. Failure to participate in the activities listed below will result in forfeiture of the travel award.
- Presentation of submitted abstract during #DiscoverBMB 2024. Abstract-programming notifications will be sent prior to the early-registration deadline stating the date, time and format of scheduled presentation.
- Completion of post-conference survey.
Information required for submission of application
- Successfully submitted abstract as primary author (first author).
- Course list and student demographics — Statement providing a brief description of classes taught and information on student demographics at your institution. (1,000 characters max, not including spaces).
- Meeting attendance objectives — Statement explaining your objectives for attending the meeting and describing your plans for achieving these objectives once you return to your institution. (2,000 characters max, not including spaces).
- Résumé or abbreviated curriculum vitae (two–three pages approximately).
- Name supporting document files according to this format: last name_document type, e.g. Armstrong_CV.pdf.